My word KNOW.....
I was searching for a word in a thesaurus and looking at synonyms for organize, learn, and patience. When I saw this word I couldn't get it out of my head, so I looked it up in a dictionary and it was perfect. So here is how I'm going to KNOW my word for 2008.....
1. transitive and intransitive verb hold information in mind: to have information firmly in the mind or committed to memory.
I forget everything and I think it is a problem with how I listen. I really want to work on knowing things, not just hearing them.
2. transitive and intransitive verb be certain about something: to believe firmly in the truth or certainty of something
Strengthen my testimony. I have a firm foundation in the gospel and I know my Heavenly Father has a hand in everything that happens in my life. This I know, but I want to reach deeper and intensify my understanding in gospel principles.
3. transitive and intransitive verb realize something: to be or become aware of something
I need to be aware of the big picture. Realizing that current events happen based on a broader scheme. If it is realizing my son’s reactions might be steaming from exhaustion, or feeling neglected not just pure spite to not listen.... or living in the
4. transitive verb comprehend something: to have a thorough understanding of something through experience or study
Knowledge is the only thing we can take out of this life. I need to keep learning. I can think of several things that I want to learn...Spanish, piano again, guitar...but my goal for this year is to read. I don't read and I have never really liked reading. I also know that I have suffered because I haven't taken advantage of the knowledge and skills acquired by reading. So READ!!!
5. transitive verb have encountered somebody or something before: to be acquainted, associated, or familiar with somebody or something
To be acquainted, associate and be familiar with my Heavenly Father. I need to spend more time on my knees, more time in the
6. transitive verb recognize differences: to be able to perceive the differences or distinctions between things or people
As my boys are getting older I realize that they are very different and I'm sure that will only be more prevalent as they age. I want to know them, know how they react and not force them to be something they are not. They are young, but I already feel this pressure. Also, recognize and accept differences between myself and my husband. We differ on many levels and I want to be better at picking my battles with him.
7. transitive verb identify somebody or something by characteristic: to recognize somebody or something by a distinguishing characteristic or attribute
This is total organization. I need to have a place for everything in my home. I need to distinguish toys, clothes, papers, mail, food, (mostly toys) by character. So I know and everyone in my home knows how they are distinguished and where they go.
8. transitive verb have sex with somebody i.e my husband: to engage in sexual intercourse with somebody
Well.....I will continue to do this , but maybe there is something to learn in every situation!!!
Until I read the dictionary entry for KNOW, I didn't realize how many areas of my life it would affect. I have my work cut out for me. I know I can do it.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If you want to read a good book, read anything by Sheri Dew. She has a way of inspiring me to do things instead of just thinking about it.
Your blog is so cute! Just last week got Photo Explosion, now I need some help.
Post a Comment