Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Maiden Voyage #2

The Green Machine Floats!!!

Last summer we were given an older green boat. I was excited because something is better than nothing, right? In September we finally had it ready to take out for a test. Well, we backed it into the lake and it started taking on water. I'm so glad that the engine didn't start otherwise it might be at the bottom of the lake.

Since then we have fixed and patched it so last weekend we took it out again. It floats, the engine starts, but it dies randomly. I think it will just take a little tweaking and this summer we will be able to use it. Here are some pics from the voyage.


We forgot to tell our friends to buy a pass for the lake, so we were patiently waiting for them.


No water coming in, will the engine start?

Looking good!

Leonda and I waited with the kids for the men to test it out. All of us got on at the end for a short ride. The engine shut off and all the kids were worried that we were going to sink. They were really worried about sinking. I guess we joked about it a little too much. As soon as they got it started again we went back to dry land so the kids wouldn't be traumatized.

5 comments:

idahohubers said...

I love boats but haven't been in one for ages. You have lots of family fun ahead for you!

Twylla Gibbens said...

Hopefully you will get it working the way you want it to :)

Webb Family said...

We had an old boat when I was young we called it 'white trash'. Oh just think of the fun memories your family will have.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Yipee!!!!! I can't wait to see it in person on the water.

The Greer Family said...

How fun to have a boat that works, mostly : ) I think I need to borrow that book you wrote about, it sounds fabulous! Thanks for letting us come over even though you are a busy lady.

Stephanie