Sunday, May 11, 2008

52 Blessings Project

week nineteen

Mothers

Such a big surprise for my blessing this week but what a great blessing. These are some of the great mothers in my life.

Eve

The mother of all living. Every time I hear those words I ponder on their meaning. Eve had the great responsibility to understand the need of all to live. She knew what choice to make and how to talk with Adam so he would understand his role. Isn't that the what all mothers job is. She is a great example of courage and faith.

Mary

Another great example of courage and faith. She must have felt so inadequate to be the mother of the son of God, but she wasn't. She measured up to everything that was expected of her. How hard that must have been to see his suffering. She brought him to life so he could save hers.

Barbara Clausen

In Church today we sang Teach me to Walk in the Light. As we sang I thought of Barbara and how she did teach her children to walk in the light and to know of the things that are right. She had a strong testimony and her children learned from her. I'm grateful for her powerful example in her home. I'm grateful that she stressed the importance of the priesthood and I'm grateful to have married her son. Her kids may not have seen it, but I know they are so great mostly because of their mother.

Me


I'm not a great mother. I couldn't be more grateful to have the chance to be a great mother. My boys are the biggest joy of my life. I look at them in amazement everyday because I was chosen to be their mom. A mighty responsibility worth every hard day.

My MOM

I can't fully describe how I feel about my mother. My mom has given me the drive to go for what I want in life. She loves to give of herself to help others or to make others happy. Some of her examples in my life: gracious, happy, social, humorous, hard work, traditions, patient, tithing, service, honest, integrity, temple worthy, intelligence, spontaneous, adventurous, and loving. She is a unending rock to my foundation.

I love my mothers, grandmas, and great grandmothers.
Happy Mothers Day!!!

7 comments:

idahohubers said...

Mother's are a great blessing! This was a great post. Happy Mother's day to you!

Jenifer said...

What a beautiful post! LOVED it! I have a hard time putting my thoughts into words, but you did it beautifully. Happy Mothers Day!

raising4boys said...

Yes, such a great blessing. What a cute picture of you and your boys. I will posting the same blessing tomorrow, since I don't have time tonight.

Lindsay said...

I agree with Jennifer. I love coming to your blog and reading each of your 52 blessings every week. It's uplifting and helps me realize I have blessings that I should take time to recognize and be grateful for.

Twylla Gibbens said...

What a great tribute to mothers!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I think this is one of the best mother's day blessings I've read! love the comparisons. A good mom is a wonderful blessing! HAppy late mother's day!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

You are a GOOD mom and I'm glad you are a part of our family!