52 Blessings Project Week Seven
Tampons

You're probably saying " come on, can't you think of a better blessing then Tampons". I realize this might not make anyone else's 52 week list, but it made mine.
Funny story...Kurt and I went to an improv club NCT over in Mesa this weekend. It is set up with two teams of jokesters and a funny referee to call out the points. In the beginning of his monologue he stated that if anyone said anything obscene, crude, or that he just didn't like that he reserved the right to brown bag that person. The brown bag is conveniently placed over the crude person head. You might be wondering why I am going on about this act while I'm explaining the blessing of tampons. Well, needless to say, at some point I blurted out this word as part of the context for a game, and well he didn't like it. I was brown bagged. I guess he felt uncomfortable doing a skit about tampons. I thought it would be funny. and I thought he was the comedian.
The truth is that they are a real blessing. Could you imagine...... it's that time of the month and you're walking the plains with rags between your legs? I don't mean to be disgusting, but come on. Thank you Mr. Earle Haas for your invention, the tampon.
8 comments:
I TOTALLY was going to post this as my blessing. I had the same thoughts as you. In fact, I was telling my husband we should keep a years supply, just in case. I can't imagine how the pioneers coped.
oh pam! you are too funny! and i ahev to agree. also i think, given long enough, i would have gotten around to that one eventually. and who knows-- is till might......it is only feb after all!
i have thought the same about the pioneers. also (silly me) one reson i found for not wanting to go on a mission....what if i went to a country that hadn't ever heard of feminine products!!!? like i said silly, but that's how by brain works!
good blessing!
I think that is a great blessing indeed!!! Too bad I don't need them anymore!! LOL
Yup for sure a blessing! {I think it would have been funny!} :D
Too funny, but I Completely agree ... a 900 mile drive to AZ would be quite uncomfortalble with out these little wonders! Last week I turned my attention away from the kiddos for a while (bad idea at my house)they opened and disassembled EVERY tampon in the bathroom and tossed them all over the kitchen floor! "What are these Mommy?" Benjamin asks holding one up. I swear I kept finding bits of applicators and wrappers all day!
I think this is a wonderful blessing & I'm very happy this week for sure!
You are so funny! I wouldn't have thought that as a blessing but you are sooo right!I love your blog's new look. I need to ask you some questions about it since I have been wanting to add tabs but wasn't sure how. You are the smartest girl around!
You had to wear a bag on your head, to funny! I thank the inventer of the tampon at least once a month :)
Post a Comment