Thursday, March 6, 2008

Motherly Empathy

Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I drop Garrett of at something. (school, gymnastics, friends) Each time my little Zachy tells me to roll down his window so that Garrett can come to his window to say bye. It is a cute gesture that Garrett does because it makes Zac beam with happiness. Today a little out of sorts I dropped Garrett off at his cousins house. We just got out of the car and I took him to the door. When I came back to the car I could tell that my little Zac had been crying. His little eyes were puffy and he was very sad. He just looked at me like I didn't get to say bye and my big brother is gone again. I felt so sad for him and told him that we could play together and we would have fun too. I don't think he really liked that answer, because Mom isn't as good as his big brother. It makes my heart swell to know that at only age 2 he loves his brother. If I could only figure out how to harness that feeling so when they fight I could unleash it on them and they would remember that they love each other.


4 comments:

Webb Family said...

That is so sweet! They are lucky they have each other.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I should have Zac come and play too. He would like that! Then I could have a little buddy when Garrett and Abby are off doing their thing!

Kirsten said...

Hey! Isn't is crazy how you find people blogging! I LOVE your blog and I'm excited that we can "keep in touch"!

When Brynlee first started preschool, Landon would get so sad when she left. It's so cute that they miss them!

Kirsten said...

Oh, and can I join your weight loss challege? I've still got about 25 lbs to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight and I'd like to lose another 10 from that. I need some more motivation than what I posted on my blog....