Sunday, January 13, 2008

52 Blessings Project

Week Two

Computers
(I'm saving the best for last)

I can't imagine life without computers. Well, I can because I'm not that young, but they are amazing and truly a blessing in our lives. I can look up anything in a blink of an eye or write a paper or talk to a friend or go to school or do complex mathematics or play a game or edit pictures or......
What would I miss?

1. Email: snail mail only,urg
2. Digital Pictures: my favorite thing
3. Internet: I guess I would actually have to look in the yellow pages....do they still exist?)
4. Blogging:
5. I would have to use a type writer.
6. Spell check: as you probably know, I need this
7. Ebay or CraigsList: no shopping online
8. Spread sheets
9. Digital Music
10.Digital Calendar
What I wouldn't miss.

1. Hours of time trying to fix them.
2. Worrying about what my boys will find on them.

The pros sure do out weigh the cons. It's unimaginable how far they will take us.

4 comments:

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Oh I'm with you on this one and I think we are getting a new one!!!! My fingers are crossed (and my feet and legs and elbows and, and, and....)

Anonymous said...

FUNNY FUNNY!!!! I'm right with you. as a matter of fact- mine's technology this week!!! great minds think alike! ;)

I LOVE your blog! It's great to catch up via blog to see what you have been up to. garret is soo big. last time i saw him he was a toddler!!!

have fun at disneyland!!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

OH me too! I had to go without one for a montha nd I thought I would DIE! :)

Crystal Star said...

Great idea with the disneyland count down!

Hey, we have a nice fireplace mantle set for when we build a house, which looks like never. Plus a bunch of really great trim (with nails in it that has to be pulled out). Do you guys have any interest?